ALWAYS is a nonprofit community legal center committed to balancing the scales of justice for Arizona’s vulnerable young people. We open doors to opportunity by providing no-cost legal services for vulnerable children and youth, and survivors of human trafficking. Working through referrals from our social service partners, we help clients lift the legal barriers that stand in the way of opportunity, stability, and self-sufficiency.
We are proud to represent young people who do not have the resources to fully engage in the justice system. On any given day, we are serving eligible youth who:
- are seeking employment, education, or housing but are denied opportunities due to legal issues,
- are survivors of sex and labor trafficking,
- are in flight from abusive relationships, and
- are eligible for legal immigration status, but lack the resources to apply.
In addition, we also serve:
- women and men of any age who are survivors of sex or labor trafficking.
The vast majority of our clients have survived difficult circumstances and have already sought help moving forward from a homeless youth serving agency or another social service provider. They are ready to address legal obstacles that stand in their way. With help from ALWAYS, they can receive the justice they deserve.
ALWAYS balances the scales of justice for vulnerable youth opening doors to: